Tuesday, May 8, 2007

My Xploration

So I went into SEOmoz and took a look-see around some of the award winning entries. The first one that I had to share with friends and co-workers was CSS Beauty. I myself have very limited CSS skills, but this site had everything CSS. Its uses ranged from seeing the best websites designed using CSS, finding a CSS job, and forums discussing CSS code. A really great resource all around. While looking around I saw the usual suspects: youtube, rollyo, pbwiki, facebook, etc. But found a couple of really cool apps. I went into page flakes and created my own custom aggregator of services suited to my interests, even had a suduko puzzle integrated into the page. I personally like to do suduko on paper but I loved the little "help me" link.

Another area that I enjoyed was the real estate section. As we all know searching MLS listenings can be kind of bland, but some of these new sites are making it so easy (and fun!). Using Propsmart I was able to focus on the location and then drill down my search results to exactly what I wanted to see. Super cool! A really nice feature was the use of the Google map mash up. So not only did I find the property but I could plot it directly on the map. There's nothing worse than knowing you like the sound of a property but having absolutely no idea where it's located. I wrote this URL down to share with my husband. So many good sites to look at - I finally had to print them to look at later!

1 comment:

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

Shhhhhhhh!!!! You're letting some of the cats get out of the bag!!! Shhhhhhhhh!!!!