Sunday, May 6, 2007

Blogs Gone Wild

It seems that today blogs are quite the norm. Almost every web app has some sort of blog functon available to turn on. I myself turned my "blog" on in my myspace profile. I wrote an initial welcome message and then proceeded never to write anything again. I'm not sure why. I guess we're all really waiting to find something that we can blog about.

The thought of other people reading my thoughts doesn't bother me too much. With so many blogs available to read I wonder what is it about mine that would make someone want to spend the time reading it. It would be interesting to capture someone's thoughts about my blog. Not only why they read but but how they got there. Suppose I could ask that if you're a stranger please leave a comment on why you read my blog. I think I might be somewhat surprised.

I've been known to read other people's blogs religiously. Some of them were my friends, others were complete strangers. I got addicted reading to this one guys programming blog. He was in high school and he was worried about college. He had applied to several school's and was waiting to find out which one accepted him. It's funny because the real reason I first went to his blog in the first place was because I had a programming question that I was looking for the answer to. Then as I was researching I kind of fell into his life. It was so strange. I guess I could relate to him on several levels.

Anyways - so I think that there is a time in everyone's life, when you need to blog. Whether your the writer or the reader, it's therapeutic.

No comments: